Friday, June 10, 2011

My adventures with My Little Pony

I could barely sleep all night knowing that I really wanted to share this little lady with all of you. I know you'll get a kick out of her!

My oldest daughter Rachel Lynn turned 6 on May 22nd. Money has been a little tight around here for a while now, and so I decided that instead of going out and buying her more junk that is going to end up at the bottom of her toybox, I would make her something with my hands and from my heart. I make the second most adorable sock monkies you've ever seen (which I'm sure I will post photos of later) and have a pretty god idea of how to make and put together amigurumi. I started making a bunny for her. This is what I ended up with:
It just wasn't working out the way I wanted it to. And the end result was looking a little baby-ish. Rachel Lynn has made it QUITE clear to me that she is a big girl, not a baby!

So I googled...and googled. Until the early morning hours...until I happened upon HER!


I changed a couple things throughout, like the yarn and colors that I used (Red Heart Comfort in Lavender for the body, and Red Heart Super Saver in Plum Pudding for the mane and tail) and the way I crocheted some things. The instructions are fairly simple and it was quick to finish. I'm in love! So was Rachel Lynn...she named her Blueberry. :)


The tail and mane are made out of curly cues...something that I have always loved, but never knew how to make. Apparently it is just something standard that comes with crocheting...I had no idea. So once I found out how to make them with this pattern, I was estatic! They have opened new doors for me! My life is now complete!! ...okay, so I'm exaggerating!


I can't wait to make another one, I love crocheting amigurumi!
My mom even names hers! She is a funny duck! :D

Up next...monkies!!
Stay tuned!

xo
A

No comments:

Post a Comment